Acid Staining Concrete / Cement Floors - Locating and Purchasing Your Supplies
The supplies needed for acid staining your cement or concrete floors is fairly basic and in most areas easy to find. The supplies and equipment you will acquire will help you clean the floor, apply the acid, seal it and gloss it. If you want to score designs or a border and acid stain the cement floors a different color in those areas like we did then a simple skill saw and cement blade is all that is needed. Here is a list of the supplies that we used.
1. A couple of new mops and a mop bucket. Plus some tape and butcher paper.
2. A supply of TSP (tri sodium phosphate) or another floor cleaner for cleaning grease, dirt and oil out of the floor. Do not use anything that contains acid.
3. A floor buffer for scrubbing the floor with the TSP or other cleaner.
5. Pump up sprayer for applying the acid.
6. Acid for Staining the floor. Two colors for multi color floors.
7. A scrub brush on a pole for scrubbing in the acid as it is sprayed on the floor.
8. A waterbased sealer for sealing the acid into the floor.
9. A lambs wool applicator on a pole for applying the glossy floor finish.
10. A supply of High Gloss Floor Finish. We used Sunnyside High Gloss Finish.
11. A paint tray for putting the floor finish and sealer in as your apply it.
Most of these supplies can be purchased at a local home improvement store. There are several companies on the internet that carry the acid and sealer. We used Kemiko acid stain and stone tone sealer which we purchased from a local retailer one town over from us that carried the Kemiko line. We purchased our floor finish from PR Supply which which is a janitorial supply company.
Acid Stained Concrete Articles